Wednesday, December 9, 2015
Makers can do incredible things, not only with what they make, but with how they share their creations. Even the smallest gestures can build community, touch hearts, inspire more thoughtful acts. To see an uplifting story about making believe, and healing, please follow this link:
A Firefly Forest~
Monday, December 7, 2015
These mushrooms, gnomes, trees, and houses are easy to make, fun, too. There are very few supplies to gather. It only takes some time and a bit of patience to make tiny garden accessories. Maria and I have seen a lot of fairy garden pieces in gift shops and nurseries, but we still think these homemade ones are the most charming! We hope you will give this craft a try, and share your results with us!
1. PaperClay... we found ours in a craft shop. After it's open, it will dry out easily, so keep it in an airtight bag. Also, one package is plenty, when making these little crafts; I've never run out.
2. Straight pins. I had an old box, found in a thrift shop goody bag of sewing supplies.
3. Elmer's white glue
4. Acrylic craft paints... satin and glossy are nice.
5. A bottle of gloss glaze, to seal the painted project.
6. Small tipped paint brushes.
7. Foam to hold the mushrooms while they dry.
8. Tooth picks.