Monday, September 25, 2017

Making More Floral Crowns~

I've been making more floral crowns, and we have a tutorial for this activity, if you would like to make one, too. In the tutorial, we were using fabric flowers, but all the same principles and supplies apply. If you can't get to a floral wholesaler, look around your own garden, and I've had wonderful luck finding seasonal blossoms in plentiful bouquets at Trader Joe's.

Maria and I presented Amira with a Happy Thirteenth Birthday Crown of chrysanthemums and whimsical craspedia.

As described in the tutorial, the supplies you'll need are simple and few... 1/4" wide green, waterproof floral tape, 22 gauge green paddle wire, and a cutter. You can add ribbons, too.

I easily made three floral crowns from one floral bouquet from Trader Joe's... these crowns don't have flowers in a complete circle, but are more like a headband. Maria wore hers to the Viking Festival.

Ever since making them for Maria's school promotion, and sharing one with her garden teacher, I have continued making one as hostess gifts for my friends.

This one went to Linda, and with the chamomile it smelled lovely.

Yanina's was inspired by the sneak peek of her table setting she shared on Instagram... colorful, and artistic.

Our grade school graduate, and her misty blue crown. Those dried so beautifully, the crown is hanging in our entryway.

Someday, I would love to bring this hands-on activity to a Maker Faire and share it with everyone... I hope you will enjoy a chance to make your own floral crowns.

No comments: